From the famously meaty food vendors, Old School BBQ, comes this hearty recipe for a salad - full of greens and goodness!
Old School BBQ's Sedona Salad
12 oz. Baby lettuce mix
8 oz. Chicken Breast
4 oz. Bleu Cheese crumbles
4 oz. Walnuts – chopped
6 oz. Mandarin oranges
¾ cup Red onion
4 oz. Balsamic vinaigrette
1. Cut chicken into 1 ½” pieces and brown over medium-high heat with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Thinly slice red onion and cut slices in half to form crescents.
3. Place lettuces, walnuts, chicken, onion and bleu cheese crumbles in mixing bowl.
4. Add vinaigrette to bowl and toss thoroughly.
5. Portion on serving ware and garnish with Mandarin Orange sections.
Serve with a crisp, dry white wine like Pinot Grigio and hot crusty bread for a flavorful, fully satisfying light meal.