Short lil minute and a half video on how we cooked the dish.
Moroccan Lemon Butter & Olive Chicken w/ French Fries
1 whole large Chicken - washed and dried skin on
In a bowl combine:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 stalk cilantro finely chopped
- 1 med. onion finely chopped
- 3 sm garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- Juice of one med-large lemon
- 1/2 stick of salted butter slightly softened
Cook at 350 for 1 1/12 hours or until done. Every 20-30 baste chicken in it's own juices with a spoon
Add 1 1/2 c. green olives (no brine) to the chicken the last 10-15 min. of cook time. Olives will fall to the sides and into the chicken's juices- this is what you want.
This chicken is often served with a cucumber/tomato salad, french fries & bread to sop up the sauce.
the Souktouri Family